English Estates Elementary has adopted a standardized dress code. Students are required to wear approved clothing, except on designated NUT Days (No Uniform Day) or when there is a spirit day.
Students are required to wear Navy, White, Black or Red Tops including plain navy, white, black or red shirts/t-shirts, polo shirts, turtlenecks, sweaters or English Estates logo shirts or t-shirts.
Students are required to wear plain Navy, Black or Khaki bottoms including shorts, pants, skirts, jumpers, skorts or capris. Belts should be worn if pants have belt loops. Bottoms should fit properly and not sag below the waist.
Students are required to wear enclosed shoes. Sandals, platform shoes and slide on shoes are not acceptable except on designated days that are established by administration.
Cleanliness, personal appearance and proper dress are important in setting the pattern of appropriate school conduct. Students must wear clothing and hairstyles that are not disruptive, harmful, or hazardous to their health or safety. The principal or assistant principal has the final authority for interpreting whether a student’s apparel conforms to the student dress code. When it is determined that a student’s clothing does not comply with the dress code, a parent/guardian may be asked to provide an appropriate change of clothing before the student may return to class or other clothing is provided. Parents have one opportunity to “opt out” of the dress code at the beginning of the school year. Contact administration for information.
The following are not permitted:
- Clothing with adult themes (alcohol, tobacco, etc.) or with offensive language or images
- Extremely short shorts (should reach mid-thigh), baggy pants or exposed underwear
- Halters, backless dresses, spaghetti straps, see-through shirts
- Tube tops, half shirts, bare midriffs, muscle shirts
- Hats or caps (except during PE or recess), handkerchiefs on their head or hanging off their clothing
- Flip flops, high heels
- Hair curlers, colored hair sprays or dyes